Minutes ~ Suffolk General Service Meeting ~ December 21, 2012
- Moment of Silence followed by the Responsibility Declaration
- Minutes ~ from November 16, 2012 Meeting ~ minutes amended and accepted
- Traditions ~ read by John
- A.A. Anniversaries ~ 6
- Introduction of new GSR’s ,DCM’s and Alternates ~ 9
- Volunteers for clean-up ~ Bob, Sue, Chris
- Volunteers for January Greeters ~ Sal, Miceala
- Opened at 8:00 pm, 103 in attendance
DCMC ~ Rob M.
- 2013 SENY Convention March 22nd-March 24th Westchester Marriott, Tarrytown, NY. Register at aaseny.org
Alt. DCMC ~ Jarrett D.
- Attended SENY AREA 49 Committee meeting December 3rd
- Upcoming SENY AREA 49 Committee Meeting January 7th 2013- for all DCMs and Alternates
- Available for Traditions & Group inventories
- If you have been elected DCM or Alternate for your District, please let me know
- Join a committee and encourage group members. Sign-ups at the back of the room. Still looking to fill chair positions. Please contact if available ASAP.
- Delegates Day of Sharing March 30th, 2013 Our Savior Lutheran Church 1734 Williamsbridge Rd. Bronx, NY 10461 9am-4pm All welcome to attend.
Treasurer ~ Susan D.
- See Report
Registrar ~ Mike R.
- Fill out sign-up sheets if you are new or changed service positions
- If you are a new group, please fill out new group form or if changes, change group form
District meetings – 10 min-Please elect a DCM, Alternate, and or secretary if any are available & understand the commitment
If you don’t have a DCM, please read pgs. 18-19 of the SENY Handbook
Standing Committee Reports:
Big Meeting- TBD
CPC – Joanne- Kick-off meeting for the SCERP Suffolk County Emergency Room Project January 13, 2013 at SIA Office at 1:30pm
Grapevine- Chris C – NR
Literature– Josh P – NR
LICYPAA Liaison- Mike R- NR
LI Spirituality Through Service (Lists)- TBD- Brooklyn will Host in 2013. Cathy M. from Brooklyn is the new Chair. If interested in joining committee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or attend kick off meeting in February.
Public Information- Tom C- Working on a project with CPC, emergency room project. Trying to educate on Anonymity. Working with Special needs as well in the Nursing homes.
Service Participation- Develyn A- Hosting event with LICYPAA and SIA-Young Peoples Movie Day Saturday Feb. 9th 3-6pm South
Shore Christian Church 36 Bayshore Rd. West Islip, NY 11795. All Welcome to attend. Flyers are on back table.
Service Sponsorship – Kathy B – Please see me if you need a service sponsor, call, email, or on the bus tomorrow
Share A thon liaison- TBD
Special Needs – Michele – NR
Suffolk Intergroup Liaison– Tom C– the exchange meeting is being reviewed to see how it can be made better, more organized.
Treatment Bridging the Gap- Nicole-Vacant
Web Committee- John- New website is live. Handout cards for the new site.
Unity Breakfast- Linda C.- “Living in the Solution” March 3rd at East Wind Caterers / Conference Center 5720 Rte. 25A, Wading River, NY 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM Tickets are $22.
Group Conscience committee- Dean J.- NR
Prudent Reserve- to change it to a % of 6 months- Tabled
2013 Proposed Budget-the following changes were made to the report: Line 4 Group contributions- column E changed to $13,643.00 and column F changed to $1,843.00; on line 10 Unity Breakfast Seed Money changed column E to $700.00 and column F to $0; on line 22 Total Contributions change column E to 19,243.00 and column F to $4,943.00; On line 55 change column E to $700.00 and column F to $0; On line 66 Total Expenses change column E to $19243.00 and column F to $4,943.00
Discussed the 2012 SGS Inventory
Motion to close