• Moment of  Silence followed by the Responsibility Declaration
  • Traditions read by: Lisa R. (Fight Club)
  • A.A. Anniversaries ~ 5
  • Introduction of new GSR’s ,DCM’s and Alternates ~ 12
  • Volunteers for clean-up ~ Chris and Kevin
  • Volunteers for May Greeters ~
  • Opened at 8:00 pm, 78  in attendance


Officer’s Reports

DCMC ~ Jarrett D.

  • Next Suffolk GSO meeting is May 17th at 8:oopm.
  • 2013 NERF, Friday June 7-9, Crowne Plaza Hotel & Conference, 100 Berlin Rd Cromwell, CT Hosted by Area 11. SENY will be providing a bus for a Saturday trip. Please contact Rich C for more information. Bus will be leaving from East 43rd & Lexington at 8am and returning from NERF at 6pm. To reserve a spot, sign up forum on Registration is free.
  • Attended The Delegates day of Sharing in Bronx, NY, SENY Pre-conference Assembly, SENY Convention.


Alt. DCMC ~ Matt F.

  • Attended Pre-Conference Assembly. Also attended a workshop “IS your Triangle Lopsided?”
  • Attended LICYPAA meeting. All of LICYPAA is conducting an overhaul to revamp construct of meeting process and scheduling.



Treasurer ~ George R. N/A

  • Printed incorrect month’s report. Please make appropriate changes according to this month’s report.


Registrar ~ Mike R.

  • DCMs – Group update forms are in. DCMs should make sure to contact Mike with registrar forms;
  • Mike’s computer crashed but any new information submitted tonight should be added by next month’s meeting.
  • New GSRs, DCMs, etc must submit new registration forms by end of meeting.
  • Any new “Group Information” forms can be submitted tonight for updates.


Concept Speaker ~ Richie (Concept 4)

District meetings – 10 min-Please elect a DCM, Alternate, and or secretary if any are available & understand the commitment

If you don’t have a DCM, please read pgs. 18-19 of the SENY Handbook


Standing Committee Reports:


Archives- Bob – Bob is in need of volunteers for unity breakfast.

Big Meeting- TBA

Corrections- Troy W. – If anyone needs additional information for the Bridging the Gap program or Corrections Correspondence, please visit the Suffolk County GSO website. If you are a woman in any district and would like to volunteer with these programs, please see Troy. Male and female Co chairs have volunteered.

CPC – Joanne-The committee was invited on March 25th into Manhattan to provide presentation at 79th street workshop. Committee would like to invite the body to a presentation from 1:30 to 2:30 at the SIA office in Patchogue. SCERP (Suffolk County Emergency Room Project) is underway.

Grapevine- Kathy

LiteratureEddie – New to position and still getting acclimated. Will have full report for next month

LICYPAA Liaison- Izzy R- LICYPAA objective is to contact “Young People” from Brooklyn to Montauk. Meetings will be held on the second Monday of the month. In June, meetings will be held bi-weekly. Discussion of a possible “day in the park” event. Tentative date of June 16th 2013. Luau July 20th (tentative date) but no location as of right now. Dodge ball event in September, Long Island vs. Manhattan. There will possibly be a Book drive for gently used AA approved literature.

LI Spirituality Through Service (LISTS) – Jim- Brooklyn will Host in 2013. Cathy B. from Brooklyn is the new Chair. If interested in joining committee. Please email or attend kick off meeting in February.  Committee will meet the first Thursday of every month at Cathy B’s residence. All counties need to submit check of $300 for treasury for committee. Theme for this year’s event is yet to be determined. Main goal at the moment is to procure venue for event; parking and mass transit will play larger role is decision for venue. Date TBD, possibly September or October 2013.

Public Information- Tom C- PI has been meeting with CPC. “Anonymity: We are not a secret society” True North Community Church, Saturday May 4th, 1-4. Committee will need help with set up and break down for this event. Please contact Tom for additional information.

        Service Participation- Develyn A-

Service Sponsorship – TBA

Suffolk Group ConscienceDean- Committee is newly operating. Next meeting will be at SIA office on April 29th at 7pm. All are welcome to attend.

Share A thon liaison- TBA

Special Needs – Michele E – There was no meeting in Manhattan for the month of April. Committee is still in need of co-chair. May meeting for Manhattan special Needs will be on May 1st. Please see Michele after meeting for additional information. Special needs information has been updated on Suffolk website. There are a few people in various districts who are in need of at home meetings.

Suffolk Intergroup LiaisonEd – Newly Elected and report to follow for next month. 

Treatment Bridging the Gap- TBA

Web Committee- John- Last month new site went live. Please visit site for additional information. Pages on the website for committees are moving forward rapidly. Objective of the website is to create a place where people can go to be inspired to do service. Website will provide rocket to take you into 4th dimension.

Writing Committee-VACANT-

Unity Breakfast- Linda C.- “Living in the Solution” Was held on March 3rd at East Wind Caterers / Conference Center 5720 Rte. 25A, Wading River, NY 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Please refer to report on back table. 1189 tickets were sold. Event was entirely sold out. 80% of attendees who completed the survey reported the event was rated a “4 or a 5.”  Motion to accept the final report passes.

Adhoc guidelines Committee for the unity Breakfast- Tom

New Unity Breakfast Committee- Rick B.

Group Conscience committee- TBA


Old Business:

Prudent Reserve- to change it to a % of 6 months- Tabled

Prudent reserve motion will be tabled until further notice.


New business:

  • Registrar would like to increase budget by $50 for essential necessities for commitment.

Motion for budget increase: Motion carries

  • George R (treasurer) would like to increase General Service Workshop from $300-$500 budget by ($200)

Motion to increase: Motion carries



Motion to close at 9:41pm