Minutes ~ Suffolk General Service Meeting ~December 20th, 2013
- Moment of Silence followed by the Responsibility Declaration
- Traditions read by: Valerie (Mt. Sinai Group)
- A.A. Anniversaries ~ 5
- Introduction of new GSR’s ,DCM’s and Alternates ~ 15
- Volunteers for clean-up ~ David, Kevin, Mercedes
- Volunteers for November Greeters ~ Sal and Tom
- Opened at 8:00 pm, 95 .5 in attendance
DCMC ~ Jarrett D.
- Please make sure to pass Box 459 (subscribe on aaseny.org for free) and LINK out at your homegroup
- Please be sure to obtain Service Handbook in order to better inform and properly educate self about service responsibilities
- Our next meeting is January 17th 2014.
- Suffolk Gs to host Area 49 Assembly January 25th. All who wish to help out with event, there will a planning committee.
- Atteneded Hispanic district Assemblia on Nov. 17th, SENY Committee meeting, SENY assembly hosted by Nassau, 2014 budget meeting, 2014 Convention Planning Meeting, Suffplk Big Meeting.
- 2014 SENY Convention March 21st-23rd Westchester Marriot hotel 670 White Plains road Tarrytown NY. $125 per room, fits up to 4 people. Averages $70 a person for weekend including tax.
Alt. DCMC ~ Matt F.
- Attended SENY Assembly. Meeting was very well attended. Approximately 30 representatives from Suffolk GS.
- Has been working with LICYPAA to get bid for ESCYPAA.
- Next SENY Committee meeting to be held January 6th 2014
- 75th Anniversary edition of the Big Book preorder forms are available in the LINK and on the website.
Treasurer ~ George R. N/A
- See Report
- Entered proposed budget for 2014. See handout
- Motion to accept budget: 71 in favor, 1 opposed, 1 abstention Budget carries
Registrar ~ Mike R.
- New GSR’s please complete new reg. form. Looking for volunteer to help with duties.
- Responsibilities of the registrar will be updated over next several months to eliminate redundancy and redefine commitment for future officers.
- New way to register for GSRs and Alternate GSRs; got to AASENY.com. Then click the Service Resources, click Service update forms. Please remember your group service # and District # from the sign in sheets.
Concept Speaker ~ Michelle E (Concept 12)
District meetings – 10 min-Please elect a DCM, Alternate, and or secretary if any are available & understand the commitment
If you don’t have a DCM, please read pgs. 18-19 of the SENY Handbook
Standing Committee Reports:
Archives- Bob R. – NR
Big Meeting- SIA is hosting this year. November 16th @ 6pm (same day as SENY Assembly)
Corrections- Troy W. – There is a big need for corrections correspondence. Please see Troy for pamphlet. Bridging the Gap will be collaborating with SIA to extend reach of service. Forms and personal information will not be provided directly to treatment facilities.
CPC – Joanne F.- The committee has been studying the guidelines from SENY working with the professionals. The committee has been striving to educate Dr.s and hospitals about “what AA does and does not do. What AA is and is not.” It’s highly recommended that if you plan to do a presentation to have experience in the traditions and at least two years sobriety. Theme of next event; “Carrying the message: I heard it through the Grapevine”
Grapevine- Kathy- The grapevine needs money for pocket calendars, Traditions checklists, etc. Anyone interested in helping out committee are welcome.
Group Conscience- Dean J. – If anyone is interested in getting involved please see me. Next meeting is 7-16 at 7pm in Mt. Sinai
Literature– Eddie W. – NR
LICYPAA Liaison- Izzy R.-LICYPAA did not win the bid for the 2014 Empire state convention, but a committee has been form in order to better prepare for next year’s bid. LICYPAA is having an ongoing book drive for gently used literature and pamphlets. January 10th at True North there will be a Young People’s movie night as well as talk of filming a Young People’s video in English and Spanish. Movie night will be January 31st from 8-12:30am at True North Community Church in Bohemia.
LI Spirituality Through Service (LISTS) – Jim S.-. LISTS Event will be in October 2013. Date remains undetermined due to conflict with ShareAthon
Public Information- Tom October 26th; there will be a workshop to speak at schools and with professional communities. October 20th PI/CPC meeting at SIA office at 12pm orientation and 1pm meeting. Next PI meeting will be October 15th at SIA at 7pm (always 3 Tuesday of the month). Suffolk County Emergency room project will allow cooperation with AA and Emergency room professionals.
Service Participation- Vacant
Service Sponsorship – Geoff C.-Anyone who needs a service sponsor or would like to be a service sponsor please see or contact
Share A thon liaison- Chrissy H.- Share-a-thon will be held at St. Joseph’s college October 13th 9am-4:30pm. Need moderators (to introduce speaker and keep order in meeting) for two shifts. Please see Chrissy after meeting.
Special Needs – Michele E – January 18th “You’re never too young for special needs” workshop. They are looking for young people who are dually diagnosed with alcoholism and special needs. New SENY chairperson, Amylin has replaced Susan who suddenly passed away.
Suffolk Intergroup Liaison– Ed –Suffolk Intergroup is having their elections next month. Anybody in GS interested in running for an intergroup position, please see Bob after the meeting.
Treatment Bridging the Gap- Vacant
Web Committee- John- Go to website for information, such as Post Conference assembly info. The budget of $2050 which was allocated to the committee has been handed out and reviewed by the body. Please see handout.
Ad hoc Guidelines Committee for the unity Breakfast- Tom – Handouts given for the guidelines for the Unity Breakfast; please refer to handout.
Unity Breakfast Committee- Rick B.-Date of the event will be March 2nd, and price lock remains the same as in previous year $22 per ticket. Meeting will be held at SIA office Monday August 5th at 7:30. Rick is looking into improving the sounds system. This event will remain a CASH ONLY Event; however a GROUP CHECK in the full amount of $230 for 10 tickets will be accepted. Linda and Rick will be attending SIA meeting on January 14th to sell tickets there.
Prudent Reserve- to change it to a % of 6 months- Tabled
Prudent reserve motion will be tabled until further notice.
Motion: to contact the current Registrar and reestablish commitment.
Motion: to increase treasurer budget by $74 for post card purchase
Motion to close at 9:48pm