Minutes ~ Suffolk General Service Meeting ~March 14th, 2014
- Moment of Silence followed by the Responsibility Declaration
- Traditions read by: Megan (Riverhead Group)
- A.A. Anniversaries ~ 8
- Introduction of new GSR’s ,DCM’s and Alternates ~ 5
- Volunteers for clean-up ~ John, Bob, Richie
- Volunteers for April Greeters ~ John and Geoff
- Opened at 8:00 pm, in attendance 66
DCMC ~ Jarrett D.
- Please make sure to pass Box 459 (subscribe on aaseny.org for free) and LINK out at your homegroup
- Please be sure to obtain Service Handbook in order to better inform and properly educate self about service responsibilities
- Our Next Meeting April 18th, 2014 Trinity Lutheran Church 716 Route 25A Rocky Point, NY 8PM. As of September we will be need a new meeting place for at least 9nmonths because the current church will be under renovations.
- Suffolk GS to hosted Area 49 Assembly on Saturday January 25th. Thank you to all who helped with event.
- Next SENY Assembly- Pre-Conference Assembly 4-12-14 George Fisher Middle School 281 Fair Street, Carmel, NY 10512
- 2014 SENY Convention March 21st-23rd Westchester Marriot hotel 670 White Plains road Tarrytown NY. $125 per room fits up to 4 people. Averages $70 a person for weekend including tax.
- Available for Traditions & Group inventories.
Alt. DCMC ~ Matt F.
- Attended SENY Committee Meeting.
- Available for traditions meetings and group inventories
- Next SENY Committee meeting to be held May 5th 2014
- 75th Anniversary edition of the Big Book preorder forms are available in the LINK and on the website.
- Delegate’s Day of Sharing March 15th, 2014 at the Archdiocesan Church of the Holy Trinity, 337 East 74th Street, New York, NY 10021, at 9:00 am Delegate’s Questionnaires @ aasuffolkgs-ny.org
Treasurer ~ George R. N/A
- No report this month
Registrar ~ Anne Marie H.
- Sign in sheets are on the tables so please update the information presented accordingly.
Concept Speaker ~ Richie N. (Concept 3)
District meetings – 10 min–Please elect a DCM, Alternate, and or secretary if any are available & understand the commitment
If you don’t have a DCM, please read pgs. 18-19 of the SENY Handbook
Standing Committee Reports:
Archives- Bob R. – NR
Big Meeting- Michele E – Is thenew chairperson for this year. Service resume given tonight.
Corrections- Troy W. – There is a big need for corrections correspondence. Please see Troy for pamphlet. Bridging the Gap will be collaborating with SIA to extend reach of service. Forms and personal information will not be provided directly to treatment facilities.
CPC – Joanne F.- PI/CPC Meeting is on the Third Tuesday of every month at the SIA Office in Patchogue @ 7pm.Contact Tom or Joanne for more information
Group Conscience- Dean J. – If anyone is interested in getting involved please see me.
Ad Hoc Liability Insurance- Howard P.- Body consented his appointment. Needs to gather in and put small committee together to investigate purchase of liability insurance. There are a few items in which need to be researched prior to purchasing the insurance; 1: limits (million dollar insurance?) 2: average number of people at each events 3: if the places require that we have insurance, will the need additionally insured?
Literature– Eddie W. – If you would like to order your 75th Anniversary Big Book please see me.
LICYPAA Liaison- Izzy R.- Licypaa is having a book drive for adolescent institutions without AA literature. They are asking for gently used big books, 12&12’s and YP pamphlets. Hosting Annual Keeping it Green Dance 3-15-14 Stephens Lutheran Church 270 S. Broadway Hicksville, NY Meeting @ 7pm dance @ 8pm $8 sugg. donation.
LI Spirituality Through Service (LISTS) – Jim S.- NR-.DCMCs of the four counties are meeting shortly with the new Event Chair Mel Alt-DCMC from Brooklyn. Event tentatively set for August 10th.
Public Information- Tom PI/CPC Meeting is on the Third Tuesday of every month at the SIA Office in Patchogue @ 7pm.Contact Tom or Joanne for more information.
Service Participation-Richie– Service resume provided tonight. No objections from the body.
Service Sponsorship – Geoff C.-Anyone who needs a service sponsor or would like to be a service sponsor please see or contact
Share A thon liaison-TBD-. Need to fill this position. Anyone interested, please see Jarrett D.
Special Needs – Michele E/ Lucille –hosted a workshop on January 18th “You’re never too young for special needs” from 1-3pm at True North Church. Had a very good turn out and thanked all that helped out. The committee had a table, books and literature at the Unity Breakfast. On May 4th in Downtown “Brooklyn Special Needs Share A Day” in Remsen Hurst Brooklyn.
Suffolk Intergroup Liaison– Ed A.–NR
Treatment Bridging the Gap- Vacant- Need to fill this position. Anyone interested, please see Jarrett D.
Web Committee-Johnemail@example.com- website would like to have submissions from members on their experience, strength and hope regarding service and some of the benefits and joys from being involved in service.
Unity Breakfast Committee- Rick B.- The event went off quite well and all had a great time.
Prudent Reserve- to change it to a % of 6 months- Tabled
Prudent reserve motion will be tabled until further notice.
Motion to close at 9:19 pm