Open pdf HERE
Minutes of Suffolk General Service Meeting
Meeting date: June 16, 2016
- Moment of silence followed by the responsibility declaration
- Voting procedures explained
- Minutes from last month: Motioned to accept the minutes. Minutes accepted.
- Traditions read by Liz
- A.A. Anniversaries: 7
- Introduction of new GSR’s, DCM’s, and Alternates 6
- Volunteers for clean-up-2 people- Jane Erik, Doug, Brian, Bryan
- Garrett will take committment for remainder of the year.
- Meeting opened at 8:00pm
- Members in attendance:
DCMC Report -Geoff C. email@example.com
- New SENY Chair was elected
- County elections in October
- 9/11/16 SENY elections
- There are great opportunities for service within the county.
- Group inventory in November.
Alt DCMC – Tom B. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Literature Pamphlets –
- Service handbook and bylaws for SENY
- page 14: What is the role of the GSR in ther service structure?
- What is my group isn’t interested in General Service?
Treasurer- Tommy C.
- See handout
- Motion to accept – 53 in favor
- 1 abstention
Registrar/Corresponding Secretary- Jane E.
- There is a new sign in procedure
Concept VI- Chrissy
“on behalf of AA as a whole, our general Service Conference has the principle responsibility..
7th Tradition basket passed
15 Minute District Break
Election for new registrar;
See handout for description
59 in favor
Archives-Bob R. –
- Commitment open if anyone is interested please let chairperson know.
Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC)-Howard
- Last month they had a speaker training event and it was very successful and informative
Corrections-Howard P.-Report- email@example.com–
- SENY Assembly; corrections workshop; list of people that Troy put together in contact for “Pre-releases” if people are being
- relaesed from prison Howard will be made aware and will put person in contact eith a sober network.
- If anyone has any information regarding this please contact Howard.
- Would like one person of each Gender from each district to volunteer.
- Is there any literature? Yes, Howard can provide via email
Group Conscience- Vacant-NR
Ad Hoc Liability Insurance-Howard P.-NR
LICYPAA Liaison- Mercedes B. – ESCYPAA3.org for convention details.
Literature-Chris C. – NR
GrapeVine- Chrissy –
Chrissy elected new Grapevine Rep starting January 2016.
Suffolk Intergroup Association (SIA) Liaison- Eddie W.-
- Jean Marie is chair for Share a thon. “There is a solution”
- Groups need to submit topics
- Alt chair still working on online speaker exchange. 2 in person and one online
- Patrick from Special needs is organizing a Ducks game
Hotline has 15/16 zones covered
Richie – Big Meeting
- Theme: Steps, Traditions and Concepts are our way of life
- Next meeting: see flyer
- All are suggested to come and join committee
Bob – Alanon Liason
- July 8-10 2016 in Rye NY see Suffolk Alanon Website
Web Committee- Dave G.- firstname.lastname@example.org NR
- Any questions email Dave G.
Public Information (PI)-Jim-NR S.-NR-PI@suffolkgs-ny.org
Service Participation-Richie N.-NR
Treatment Facilities (Bridging the Gap)- Rich F.- NR
Service Sponsorship-VACANT-NR-Please contact Matt F. (DCMC) if you or someone you know wishes to help to fill this commitment.
Special Needs-Josh P_NR- email@example.com
Josh – Special Needs
Upcoming event – Shar A Day in Elmhurst NY
Motion to close
- Meeting closed at 9:48 p.m. with a moment of silence followed by the Lord’s Prayer.