Open pdf HERE
Minutes of Suffolk General Service Meeting
Meeting date: July 15, 2016
- Moment of silence followed by the responsibility declaration
- Voting procedures explained
- Minutes from last month: Motioned to accept the minutes. Minutes accepted.
- Traditions read by Liz
- A.A. Anniversaries 4
- Introduction of new GSR’s, DCM’s, and Alternates 10
- Volunteers for clean-up-2 people- Jane Erik, Doug, Brian, Bryan
- Garrett will take committment for remainder of the year.
- Meeting opened at 8:00pm
- Members in attendance:
DCMC Report -Geoff C. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our next meeting Friday, August 19th at 8:00PM True North Community Church 1101 Lakeland Ave Bohemia NY 11716. New GSR Orientation at 7:30 will continue to be every third Friday of the month.
- Summer has been quiet
- aasuffolkgs-ny.org website
- SENY Convention planning meeting tomorrow 7/16/16
- Next SENY Assembly 9/17/16 Area Elections will be held then
Alt DCMC – Tom B. email@example.com
- Available to speak on traditions, group inventories and service sponsorship
- Literature Pamphlets –
Service handbook and bylaws for SENY
- page 14: What is the role of the GSR in ther service structure?
- What is my group isn’t interested in General Service?
- At Service participation meetion last night, Rick our current SENY chair will not be standing. Several open commitments
- Monday in West Hempstead; Concepts workshop. Please see Tom after for additional information
Treasurer- Tommy C.
- See treasury report. Report accepted.
- Available for group inventories, speaking on traditions, and service sponsorship
Registrar/Corresponding Secretary- Jane E.
- There is a new sign in procedure
Concept VII- Kathy
- The conference recognizes that the charter and the Bylaws of the General Service Board are legal instruments:
That the Trustees are thereby fully empowered to manage and conduct all of the world service affairs of AA. It is further
understood that the Conference Charter itself the force of tradition and the power of the AA purse for its final effectiveness
7th Tradition basket passed
15 Minute District Break
Fred: Area 49 Registrar
Review and discuss the concepts
Air Table logistics and procedures
Election for new registrar;
See handout for description
59 in favor
Archives-Bob R. –
- Commitment open if anyone is interested please let chairperson know.
Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC)-Howard
- Last month they had a speaker training event and it was very successful and informative
Corrections-Howard P.-Report- firstname.lastname@example.org–
- SENY Assembly; corrections workshop; list of people that Troy put together in contact for “Pre-releases” if people are being
- relaesed from prison Howard will be made aware and will put person in contact eith a sober network.
- If anyone has any information regarding this please contact Howard.
- Would like one person of each Gender from each district to volunteer.
- Is there any literature? Yes, Howard can provide via email
Group Conscience- Vacant-NR
Ad Hoc Liability Insurance-Howard P.-NR
LICYPAA Liaison- Mercedes B. – ESCYPAA3.org for convention details.
Literature-Chris C. – NR
GrapeVine- Chrissy –
Chrissy elected new Grapevine Rep starting January 2016.
Suffolk Intergroup Association (SIA) Liaison- Eddie W.-
- Jean Marie is chair for Share a thon. “There is a solution”
- Groups need to submit topics
- Alt chair still working on online speaker exchange. 2 in person and one online
- Patrick from Special needs is organizing a Ducks game
Hotline has 15/16 zones covered
Richie – Big Meeting
- Theme: Steps, Traditions and Concepts are our way of life
- Next meeting: see flyer
- All are suggested to come and join committee
Bob – Alanon Liason
- July 8-10 2016 in Rye NY see Suffolk Alanon Website
Web Committee- Dave G.- email@example.com NR
- Any questions email Dave G.
Public Information (PI)-Jim-NR S.-NR-PI@suffolkgs-ny.org
Service Participation-Richie N.-NR
Treatment Facilities (Bridging the Gap)- Rich F.- NR
Service Sponsorship-VACANT-NR-Please contact Matt F. (DCMC) if you or someone you know wishes to help to fill this commitment.
Special Needs-Josh P_NR- firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh – Special Needs
Upcoming event – Shar A Day in Elmhurst NY
Motion to close
- Meeting closed at 9:48 p.m. with a moment of silence followed by the Lord’s Prayer.