Open pdf HERE
Minutes of Suffolk General Service Meeting
Meeting date: August 19, 2016
- Moment of silence followed by the responsibility declaration
- Voting procedures explained
- Minutes from last month: Motioned to accept the minutes. Minutes accepted.
- Traditions read by Melissa
- A.A. Anniversaries
- Introduction of new GSR’s, DCM’s, and Alternates: 8
- Volunteers for clean-up-2 people-Patricia, John, Brian
- Meeting opened at 8:00pm
- Members in attendance:
DCMC Report -Geoff absent Tom B. covering email@example.com
- Our next meeting Friday, September 16th at 8:00PM True North Community Church 1101 Lakeland Ave Bohemia NY 11716. New GSR Orientation at 7:30 will continue to be every third Friday of the month.
- Next SENY Assembly 9/17/16 at 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM Cross Hill Academy 160 Bolmer Ave, Yonkers NY. Bus information is on our website. Area Elections will be held then.
- Group inventory and elections will be held at the GSR meeting on Friday October 21, 2016.
- Tom C. our treasurer isn’t here tonight because he is in the hospital
Alt DCMC – Tom B. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Available to speak on traditions, group inventories and service sponsorship
- SENY 2017 Convention: If you want to get involved go to SENY website.
Treasurer- Absent Tommy C. No Treasury Report
- See treasury report. Report accepted.
- Available for group inventories, speaking on traditions, and service sponsorship
Registrar/Corresponding Secretary- Jane E. email@example.com
- I hope that this month was easier to sign in than last, thanks for your patience especially last month.
- Our website is aasuffolkgs-ny.org. Our site has a link to aaseny.org where GSR, alternate, DCM and Group info is updated. If we adopt Airtable after tonight’s vote, all three levels of general ser vice will get updated at once: the county, the Area and GSO. Updates can be made yourself or of course I can do it for you. To update your info yourself, just go to aaseny.org at the bottom of our website and click on “register your group” and the county, area, and GSO will get updated. Last month, I attempted to get county chairs into the database, but that cannot be done unless we adopt Airtable.
If we do not adopt Airtable, updating at aaseny.org will update the Area and GSO but not the county. If we do not adopt Airtable tonight we will need to decide how you want me to get a data base together as none currently exists.
- New DCM’s please email the web chair to get your email address and password and to get your first name listed for your district on our website. Same for new county chairs.
Note that update info here at general service does not update the meeting list, that is done with Intergroup website. Or your SIA rep.
- My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org and is on our website.
- My phone number is >>>>which is not on our website.
- I am available for tradition meetings, group inventories, and any registrar questions or help.
Concept VIII- Tom B.
- The trustees are the principal planners and administrators of overall policy and
finance. They have custodial oversight of the separately incorporated and constantly active Services, exercising this through their ability to elect all the directors of these entities
7th Tradition basket passed
15 Minute District Break
Archives-Bob R. –
- Commitment open if anyone is interested please let chairperson know.
Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC)-Howard
Corrections-Howard P.-Report- email@example.com–
- SENY Assembly; corrections workshop; list of people that Troy put together in contact for “Pre-releases” if people are being
- Released from prison Howard will be made aware and will put person in contact with a sober network.
- If anyone has any information regarding this please contact Howard.
- Would like one person of each Gender from each district to volunteer.
- Is there any literature? Yes, Howard can provide via email
Group Conscience- Vacant-NR
Ad Hoc Liability Insurance-Howard P.-NR
LICYPAA Liaison- Mercedes B. – ESCYPAA3.org for convention details.
Literature-Chris C. – NR
GrapeVine- Chrissy – NR
Chrissy elected new Grapevine Rep starting January 2016.
Suffolk Intergroup Association (SIA) Liaison- Eddie W.-
- Trying to set up online speaker exchange, looking for people with computer knowledge
- Sept 17th Fishing trip at Captree
- New meeting lists came out in July, group updates are coming up for October. Mail them in or do them online.
- Jean Marie is chair for Share A Thon. “There is a solution” October 16th.
- Groups need to submit topics
Richie – Big Meeting
- Theme: Steps, Traditions and Concepts are Our Way of Life
- Date: Saturday October 8th Holbrook-Greenbelt Rec Center Greenbelt Pkwy and Patchogue Holbrook Rd. Time: 4:00-8:00 PM.
- See Flyer for more information
- All are suggested to come and join committee
Bob – Alanon Liason
Web Committee- Dave G.- firstname.lastname@example.org NR
Public Information (PI)-Jim-NR S.-NR-PI@suffolkgs-ny.org
Service Participation-Richie N.-NR
Treatment Facilities (Bridging the Gap)- Rich F.- NR
Service Sponsorship-VACANT-NR-Please contact Geoff (DCMC) if you or someone you know wishes to help to fill this commitment.
Special Needs-Josh P_NR- email@example.com
- Air Table discussion
- Motion: Suffolk County adopts the Air Table
Point of Order: two officers are missing and our group conscience is to not vote when they are absent.
Motion: To take a vote of 75% or more to supersede the oral tradition and take a vote tonight.
In Favor: 41 Opposed: 4 Abstentions: 2
Minority Opinion: no
Motion: Suffolk County adopts the Air Table
Discussion: Don’t want to give personal address, but you don’t have too, its suggested that you give your groups PO box for an address. If you do not have an informed decision you can abstain from voting. It used to take a very long time to get your new GSR packets and Air Table is going to allow for you to get your packets faster.
In Favor: 44 Opposed:0 Abstentions: 6
Richie- Big Meeting- needs $1500 dollars
Motion: Give $1500 to Richie’s budget for Big Meeting in addition to the $200.00
Discussion: budget is not in front of us now, every year the budget for the Big Meeting is between 1200-1500.
If Favor: 42 Opposed: 1 Abstentions: 4
Jim- LISTS budget would like $100 more
Motion: Additional $100 for the LISTS budget
Discussion: after expenditures the money left over is not enough to feed everyone that we think is going to come. Other districts that are involved also gave money.
In Favor: 45 Opposed:0 Abstentions: 1
Motion to close
- Meeting closed at 9:47 p.m. with a moment of silence followed by the Lord’s Prayer.