Minutes of Suffolk General Service Meeting
Meeting date: December 16, 2016
• Moment of silence followed by the responsibility declaration
• Voting procedures explained
• Minutes from last month: Motioned to accept the minutes. Minutes accepted.
• Traditions read by Alan
• A.A. Anniversaries
• Introduction of new GSR’s, DCM’s, and Alternates: 4
• Volunteers for clean-up-2 people- Chris, Nancy
• Greeters for January- Melissa, Jules, Jason, and Mat
• Meeting opened at 8:00pm
• Members in attendance: 71
Concept XII- Jim S.
• The Conference shall observe the spirit of A.A. tradition, taking care that it never becomes the seat of perilous wealth or power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible, substantial unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that it never perform acts of government; that, like the Society it serves, it will always remain democratic in thought and action.
DCMC Report -Geoff firstname.lastname@example.org
• Said thank you’s
DCMC Elect– Tom B.
• Our next meeting will be on Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:00PM at True North Community Church, 1101 Lakeland Ave Bohemia, NY 11716. New GSR Orientation at 7:30 will continue to be every third Friday of the month.
• Looking for DCMs for 2017 rotation
• Jan 20th meeting- we will be putting together an ad hoc committee to look for a new space. Looking for someone from east, west, north, south to look for a viable solution for where we should meet.
• Unity breakfast tickets are for sale tonight you can buy them at the meeting
• The next rotation- the agenda may be different, there may be a calendar of all important dates for 2017
• Feb. 11 next SENY Assembly meeting- Nassau county
Alt DCMC – Tom B. email@example.com
• Budget report handed out to be discussed in January
• Available to speak on traditions, group inventories and service sponsorship
Treasurer- Tommy C. –
• See treasury report. November treasury report accepted. In favor 50. 0 opposed. 0 abstentions.
• Said thank you’s
• Available for group inventories, speaking on traditions, and service sponsorship
Registrar/Corresponding Secretary- Jane E. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Said thank you’s
• Present here tonight: 33 GSR’s 7 Alts 7 DCM 2 Alt DCM 5 committee member chairs 4 officers
I am available for tradition meetings, group inventories, and any registrar questions or help.
7th tradition basket passed
• Event was great, copy of financial report given to treasurer-everything is closed out
Unity Breakfast – Joyce-(not present)
Archives- Vacant -NR
• Commitment open if anyone is interested please let chairperson know.
Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC)-Howard NR
Corrections-Howard P.- email@example.com– NR
Group Conscience– Vacant-NR
Ad Hoc Liability Insurance-Howard P.-NR
LICYPAA Liaison- Mercedes B. – NR
Literature-Chris C. – Thank you’s. Doug will be the new Literature chair. Chris C. will be new treasurer.
GrapeVine- Chrissy –
• Just purchased a lot of stuff come see her out in hallway
Suffolk Intergroup Association (SIA) Liaison- Eddie W.-
Opening detox in Jan. at St. Charles Port Jefferson, looking to bring meetings in
New Years Eve Dance Mt. Sinai
SIA website list of marathon meetings during the holidays
Looking to change format of the meeting list again
Looking for someone to chair share-a-thon
Online meeting exchange is being tried out now, other meeting exchange still exists
Treasurer is looking into using quickbooks
Bob – Alanon Liason
Web Committee- Dave G.- firstname.lastname@example.org -Thank you’s. Looking for people who are interested in joining the web committee. In the meantime, Dave and John will be sticking around. Next web committee meeting will be 45 mins before the next GSR meeting Jan. 20th 7:15
Public Information (PI)-Jim-NR S.-NR-PI@suffolkgs-ny.org
Service Participation-Richie N.-NR
Treatment Facilities (Bridging the Gap)– Rich F.- NR
Service Sponsorship-VACANT-NR-Please contact Geoff (DCMC) if you or someone you know wishes to help to fill this commitment.
Special Needs-Josh P- email@example.com NR
New DCM’s were elected
Motion to close
• Meeting closed at 9:32 p.m. with a moment of silence followed by the Lord’s Prayer.