COVID-19 Advisories and General Information
Your officers and committee chairs are dedicated to keeping the Suffolk County General Service (SGS) website up to date with the latest information regarding AA events, meetings, and online resources available to our members. This is rapidly evolving situation, and we will provide updated information as soon as it becomes available.
- – Suffolk Intergroup Association (SIA) is maintaining a list of meetings that are suspended or relocated – click here to view them now.
- – Visit the AA Online Intergroup here for a list of online AA meetings worldwide.
- – Some Suffolk County groups are implementing their own virtual meetings, using various technologies such as conference calls, web based video meetings, social media, etc. Click here to view guidance from the General Service Office (GSO).
- – SIA is now hosting online meetings every day. Click here to view the schedule and instructions on how to participate! Meetings are being offered at various times, starting at 6 am and continuing into the evening. SIA is also listing online meetings that have been implemented by individual groups.
- Meetings will soon start to re-open, and a number of workshop’s are scheduled during the month of June to assist groups in navigating through this process.
- – Suffolk’s General Service Assembly in June will be held virtually with Zoom.
AA World Services (AAWS) Advisories and Announcements
- – The General Service Office is closed effective March 20th until further not
- – Two announcements from the General Service Office regarding our 7th Tradition and a draw down of AA’s prudent reserve can be found on our Area Delegate’s web page.
- – FAQ on practicing the 7th Tradition: https://aa.org/assets/en_US/SMF-223-FAQonVirtualBasket_en.pdf
- – The 2020 International Convention has been cancelled. Visit the AA website for details on obtaining refunds.
- – Access is now being offered free of charge to 2020 issues of the AA Grapevine – click here.
- – The General Service Office (GSO) has a launched an advisory page on the AA website with information on their response to the COVID-19 situation. A PDF version of GSO’s latest announcement is also available.
- – Press release on AA groups using digital platforms: “Virtual Meetings, Email, Phone, Social Media Allow Message of Recovery to Carry On — ONE DAY AT A TIME”
All links provided below are for informational purposes only, and does not imply endorsement by either AA World Services, the General Service Office or Suffolk County General Service.