COVID-19 Advisories and General Information
Your officers and committee chairs are dedicated to keeping the Suffolk County General Service (SGS) website up to date with the latest information regarding AA events, meetings, and online resources available to our members. This is rapidly evolving situation, and we will provide updated information as soon as it becomes available.
- – Suffolk Intergroup Association (SIA) is maintaining a list of meetings that are suspended or relocated – click here to view them now.
- – Visit the AA Online Intergroup here for a list of online AA meetings worldwide.
- – Some Suffolk County groups are implementing their own virtual meetings, using various technologies such as conference calls, web based video meetings, social media, etc. Click here to view guidance from the General Service Office (GSO).
- – SIA is now hosting online meetings every day at 7 pm. Click here to view the schedule and instructions on how to participate!
- – Suffolk’s General Service Assembly on March 20th is cancelled.
- – The SENY Convention, March 27 – 29, is cancelled. Please cancel your hotel rooms immediately (no later than March 21st ). Your registration and banquet costs will be refunded, details to follow from our Area Chair.
- – The Joy of Service Workshop (Our Great Responsibility) on March 21 is postponed. Details to follow from our Alternate Delegate.
- – The in-person April 4th Pre-Conference Assembly is canceled. SENY will conduct a remote Assembly on April 4 for the groups to share their conscience. Click here for details.
- – The Rockland County Spiritual Breakfast scheduled for March 15th has been postponed. Hold on to your tickets pending announcement of a new date.
AA World Services (AAWS) Advisories and Announcements
- – The General Service Office is closed effective March 20th until further notice.
- – The 2020 International Convention has been cancelled. Visit the AA website for details on obtaining refunds.
- – Access is now being offered free of charge to 2020 issues of the AA Grapevine – click here.
- – The General Service Office (GSO) has a launched an advisory page on the AA website with information on their response to the COVID-19 situation. A PDF version of GSO’s latest announcement is also available.
- – Press release on AA groups using digital platforms: “Virtual Meetings, Email, Phone, Social Media Allow Message of Recovery to Carry On — ONE DAY AT A TIME”
All links provided below are for informational purposes only, and does not imply endorsement by either AA World Services, the General Service Office or Suffolk County General Service.